General Event Information
These web pages have detailed information, including pricing, contact information, and links to register for upcoming Fire Speaks and Ignite Your Heart events featuring Grandfather Fire:
Learn more about
Fire Speaks: An Audience with Grandfather Fire
We have featured the following articles in Around the Fire talking about Fire Speaks, Ignite Your Heart and Grandfather Fire:
- Olympia: Fire Spoke And Raven Landed
- The Spirit of Fire
- Fire Speaks So That We May Remember
- The Role of Fire in Our Lives as Humans
- Save the Date: The Sacred Story of Corn
- Fire Speaks events announced for Tepoztlán (April 30) and Toronto (July 28)
Here are some stories people have shared about their experience at Fire Speaks:
- Sitting in the Strong Spirit Presence of Fire
- Fire as Community, Laughter and Wisdom
- An Education for Your Soul
- Fire Speaks is an Emotional Journey.
- Listening to Fire at Mt. Tamalpais
- On Being Yourself in Community
- The Joy of Connection
- An Opening of Heart
- The Gift of Sacred Space
- Community, Respect and Compassion
- Fire as First Teacher and First Medicine
- The Gifts my Parents left me: Following my Heart’s Longing
- Raíces profundas, pueblo pa’lante
We’ve created a graphic flier for printing or sharing electronically, so you can share at fires or post on bulletin boards around town:
On each of these pages, you’ll find:
- 2 downloadable files for printing (1-per-page or 2-per-page). These are larger files with higher resolution to ensure good print quality.
- 2 downloadable files for sharing online (700px wide and 600px wide). These are smaller files designed to work in a newsletter or email.
Sharing by E-newsletter or Email
- If you’re creating an e-newsletter or an email, you can use one of the downloadable files labeled “Newsletters” (following the links under Fliers above) to keep the attachment size small.
- At a loss for words? Feel free to use the information from any of our materials and add your own experiences, understandings and inspiration.
- You may want to share the article we just published on Fire Speaks: Fire Speaks So That We May Remember
- Wilkin Hanaway produced a beautiful video of last year’s Light Up Your Heart (Las Tine an Chroí), the first Grandfather Fire event in Ireland. To share it, just mouse over the video and click the share icon (paper airplane) that appears on the video.
Share on Facebook
If you or anyone in your family is a Facebook user, here are some easy-to-use posts you can share on your Facebook time line.
Hint: Remember that you can tag particular people who follow you on Facebook by using the @ symbol and then typing their name in the post.
For all these posts, simply click the link, then click Share to share to your time line.
Share on Twitter
Here are some tweets you can share:
Tell Your Friends
Usually, the people we want to share our inspiration with the most are the friends we run into every day at work, at the café or in the market. But what do we say? Having wrestled with the same issues ourselves, here are some ideas to get you going. First off, there’s no need to sell anyone on anything. Fire is as natural to being human as the air we breathe and the water we drink. We have a kindred connection to them, which is why we refer to Fire as Grandfather. Focus on your direct experience and what coming to the fire has done for you. You might talk about the need we all have to share our hearts with each other and how the Sacred Fire Community provides this through monthly community fires. And you might talk about the wonder of the Fire Speaks experience.
And if you’re looking for a way to tell people the story of how Grandfather Fire first appeared to David Wiley, you can find his telling of the story here.
If you have any questions or comments, we’d love to hear from you »
Thank you again for your interest in spreading the warmth, light and transformation of Sacred Fire out into our world!